Saturday, September 1, 2012

Life's Greatest Investment



Acts 26:13-18
About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied.  ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

What is the most worthwhile investment a person can make in life?  Is it a great stock that produces enormous dividends or a satisfying, lucrative career?  For some, family might be the answer, whereas others might choose giving time and treasure to the church.  All of these things are good, but the Lord showed Paul what He considers the best use of our lives:  Helping someone come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ is the greatest achievement possible. 

I believe when you become an instrument in God’s hands as He transfers someone from the realm of darkness into the kingdom of His Son, you have made a difference in the person’s eternal destiny.  Not only that, but Satan also received a devastating blow.  Just imagine the defeat he suffered when Paul turned to Jesus.  The same holds true for any new believer:  All the Devil’s plans for that individual are thwarted.  As a person begins to live in God’s will, there’s no telling what the Lord will do in and through him.

Furthermore, whenever you introduce someone to the Savior, you are carrying out the workd of the Lord.  Jesus told His followers to make disciples of all nations (Matt. 28:19).  This gigantic task is accomplished one person at a time, as we each do our part to share the gospel.

God’s plan for enlarging His kingdom is so simple – one person telling another about Jesus.  Yet we’re busy and full of excuses.  Just remember, someone’s eternal destiny is at stake.  The joy you’ll have when you meet that person in heaven will far exceed any discomfort you felt in sharing the gospel.

Be Blessed…..and bless others as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment